Motocross Nutrition 101
I hope you're ready for some fun and exciting motocross nutrition tips today. First, let me start by reiterating what I said in the Creating Your Own Plan post, that everybody is very different and their needs will be far different from yours. With that being said, there are some general guidelines that I have found that have helped me in my journey.
Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program or regiment. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to design an appropriate exercise and/or nutrition prescription.
With that out of the way, let's get started!
Determining Our Goals
We can't know where we need to start or what we need to do if we don't know where we want to go. So let's take a few minutes and determine what we want our end result to be.
Let's review some tips for setting goals. You can read more about them in this goal setting post.
- Be precise/specific in what you want to achieve.
- Make them achievable. It's good to have a couple of big long-term goals but keep the majority of your goals attainable and within reach as stepping stones to your larger goals.
- Be sure to make goals that are relevant to what you want to achieve.
- Make each goal measurable. Something you can track and check in on from time to time.
- Set a timeline on each goal. When you have a deadline, suddenly it becomes more important.
Feel free to write down what your goals are now.
The transformation portion is 100X harder than being in shape and staying in shape - Greg Plitt
What Should Your Nutrition Look Like?
What is your primary goal? Weight loss, lean mass gain, maintenance, endurance, just being healthy?
Happy nutrition planning!